Evaluation of shoot day


Some preparation for the shoot
We made sure all of the costumes were ready for the day before the weekend. We didn't need to colour anything so we just positioned the blocks and the lights. As well, we made sure our band know what they are doing, so we made them listen to the song a couple of times before getting on the set.





What went well?
Our band did an incredible job, all the costumes fit them perfectly and were delightful to work with, we didn't have any conflicts and there was full cooperation. Another part which went well, was the positioning of the camera and all the shots that we got. Another aspect was my group support, whenever someone got stressed or had different opinions, we all voices them and fixed issues quickly, this made the process more enjoyable and I feel like I can really rely on everybody in the studio. I think the major aspect that went well was the performance and how well our band understood what we wanted from them. Our band is four very talented actors and we were very lucky to have them. The set just on it's own looked 90% to how I envisioned it, the only thing was the speakers as the prop, which was our fault, but I think the speakers would take up too much space and make the set seem very tight. I also thought the black and white set looked absolutely fantastic. I also thought we were quite organised in changing the set since we had to colour all the walls in about 30 minutes.


What didn't go well?
First of all the biggest thing in my opinion that didn't go well, was the lighting. I did not understand at all why the lighting was blue and red when in the set design I perfectly described what I wanted. When I saw the light designer drag the red LED lights on the back I was very confused and spoke up about it, however when I questioned it, the whole crew including my group said" it will look better just trust us" so I did. When I saw what it looked like in the camera I got really angry and stressed. Without trying to offend anyone I asked to put as much just white light on them as possible which just led to the set being a light blue and magenta. I felt a bit put down and like my opinion didn't matter at all, so I decided to just go with it. Unfortunately due to the lighting in our first set it almost ruined the whole experience for me, but I just swallowed it up and kept directing and helping Hugo with the camera.
Another slightly disappointing part was that we didn't have time to film a certain part in the black and white set which would limit our video to only performance and the face switching in post edit.


My parts
Like I mentioned before I directed the band, motivated them to smile/ not smile when needed, directed some of their movements and positioning, but overall the band was very well rehearsed, so I also helped to film the process and chose how some shots should be filmed.

What did I enjoy the most
I loved the support from my group and how put together we were, whenever we took breaks we made sure to say good job to each other and give as much support and motivation to ourselves and our band. So I think the correct term is the environment. I truly think me Hugo and Saoura worked great as a group, we barely had any different views on things and when we did we would talk it out. I think the fact that both of them are my really close friends helped a lot and it definitely didn't ruin our friendship for a second and I would love to work with them again.

Comments

Popular Posts